World Food Programme ( WFP ) Careers – World Food Programme Jobs in Dubai, UAE. Check World Food Programme Job Vacancies in Dubai. Latest UAE Jobs 2021. Current World Food Programme Dubai Job Opening.
There is a great opportunity for young people looking for World Food Programme Jobs in Dubai. ABC company is going to do a new recruitment at World Food Programme Careers Website. All the candidates who want to do Jobs in Dubai World Food Programme can avail this opportunity. Information about the qualifications required to be admitted to this World Food Programme Company is given below. All applicants are requested to apply only after carefully reading the essential qualifications of World Food Programme Jobs before applying.
World Food Programme Jobs in Dubai | Apply Online on Official World Food Programme Careers Page
World Food Programme UAE Jobs 2021:- World Food Programme company has recently sought applications for the post of Procurement Assistant. Candidates who have metric pass certificate and passport can apply for this post. World Food Programme company is giving very good salary for the post of Procurement Assistant (on Average AED 13,216.26 a Month). You can see the complete information about this recruitment of World Food Programme Company on the website of World Food Programme Company. The location of this World Food Programme Job vacancies is Dubai. So you can apply for this World Food Programme Jobs in Dubai.
World Food Programme Jobs Description Given at World Food Programme Careers Portal
|Organization Name||World Food Programme UAE|
|Name of Required Post||Procurement Assistant|
|Job Types||Jobs in Dubai|
|Salary||AED 13,216.26 a Month|
Full Details of World Food Programme Dubai Jobs 2021
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WHY WORK AT WFP?
SAVING & CHANGING LIVES
Make a difference the world will notice.
We are driven by our mission to fight world hunger and feed people’s dreams of a brighter future.
Build bridges that unite people across the world.
Being part of a global, diverse and multicultural community like WFP, will continuously expose you to new ideas and perspectives.
How we deliver our mission in deep respect for personal and cultural differences and close collaboration between every member of our global team, will certainly enrich your experience and knowledge on so many levels.
Unlock possibilities you never thought you’d find.
WFP goes anywhere it is needed and does whatever it takes to get the job done.
Reach beyond yourself and discover your true potential.
WFP offers the kind of life-changing experiences you’re unlikely find in many other organizations.
Join us to make a difference
Watch this video to know more about us!!
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. On average, WFP reaches more than 90 million people with food assistance in 80 countries each year.
WFP’s operation in the UAE was established in 2001 and has since become a crucial base for global humanitarian operations, supporting the emergency preparedness and fast intervention activities of both WFP and its humanitarian partners. The strategic location of the UAE, world-class logistics infrastructure, supportive host government and access to huge supplier markets makes WFP in the UAE ideally situated to deliver critical aid services to operations around the world.
To perform and apply appropriate processes, procedures and policies that support the efficient and effective procurement services.
Job Title: Procurement Assistant
Level: SC 5
Salary: Starting from AED 13,216.26 per month (inclusive of pension), plus medical insurance and other entitlements.
Duration of Employment: 12 months with possibility of extension
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the overall guidance of the UNHRD Hub Manager/ Supply Chain Procurement Manager and direct supervision of the Procurement Officer (Head of Unit) , the incumbent, based in Dubai-UAE, will be responsible for operational support service in procurement.
1. Perform administrative procurement activities in a timely and efficient manner, to support Procurement Staff in the acquisition of goods and services for efficient field operations.
2. Support operational activities of the Units : issue tenders, evaluate offers and negotiate/award contracts, ensuring standard processes are followed.
3. Review, record and prioritise purchasing requests, ensuring all supporting documentation is received, and funding is available, in order to enable the procurement of goods and services.
4. Coordinate and monitor the delivery of procurement requisitions, verifying receipt and inspection of deliverables, and performing follow up actions to ensure supplies reach HQ and field operations.
5. Research, collate and present information in standard formats, to enable informed decision- making and consistency of information presented to the stakeholders.
6. Update, manage and maintain relevant databases and records, to ensure the information is accurate, organised, and available for others to access, and supports reporting requirements.
7. Liaise with internal counterparts to support the alignment of procurement activities with wider programmes and ensure a coherent approach to meeting food assistance needs.
8. Provide technical support and/or allocate work to other support staff, in order to assist them in completing standard tasks to agreed standards and deadlines.
9. Step up during staff leave periods.
10. Perform other related duties.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Experience: At least five years of progressively responsible in the field of procurement, logistics management, finance, accounting, evaluation, audit or other related field. Certification in Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) is an added advantage.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written English Language.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has worked on procurement activities.
- Experience conducting analyses and developing reports.
- Experience working with suppliers or other third party on day to day basis.
- Displays understanding of processes to support the contracting/tendering implementation.
- Leverages understanding of business needs to define vendor requirements and selection criteria.
- Appropriately handles products/services based on an understanding of sources, technologies, properties, and public procurement principles/practices.
- Utilizes understanding of data sources, procurement systems, Corporate Operating System and processes to execute daily tasks.
- Maintains accurate records of activities in line with compliance standards to increase ease of response to basic audit queries.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The United Nations World Food Programme is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified female candidates and UAE Nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates shortlisted will be notified.
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
How to Submit Application at World Food Programme Careers Website
Candidates wishing to Jobs in Dubai World Food Programme can fill their application form in the following steps. You can fill your form by following the information given below.
- First of all, you have to visit the official website of World Food Programme. After this, you will see the option of World Food Programme Careers in the right sidebar of the official website, click on it.
- In front of you, the links of all the World Food Programme Dubai Jobs.
- Now you have to click on the link of in World Food Programme -Profile– Jobs.
- As soon as you click on this link, all the details of filling in the application form will be opened in front of you.
- Now you have to fill all the details carefully.
- After filling all the details, you have to click on the application button given below.
- Your World Food Programme Dubai Job Vacancy application form has been completed.
- You can keep a copy of it in your future.
Disclaimer:→ All applicants are requested to apply only after carefully reading the essential qualifications of World Food Programme Jobs before applying. Qatargovernmentjobs.com will not responsible for any mistake or error.