United Nations Careers – United Nations Jobs in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Check United Nations Job Vacancies in Abu Dhabi. Latest UAE Jobs 2022. Current United Nations Abu Dhabi Job Opening Jobs in UAE/United Arab Emirates.
There is a great opportunity for young people looking for United Nations Jobs in Abu Dhabi. United Nations company is going to do a new recruitment at United Nations Careers Website. All the candidates who want to do Jobs in Abu Dhabi United Nations can avail this opportunity. Information about the qualifications required to be admitted to this United Nations Company is given below. All applicants are requested to apply only after carefully reading the essential qualifications of United Nations Jobs before applying.
United Nations Jobs in Abu Dhabi | Apply Online on Official United Nations Careers Page
United Nations UAE Jobs 2022:- United Nations company has recently sought applications for the post of Associate Development Coordination Officer. Candidates who have metric pass certificate and passport can apply for this post. United Nations company is giving very good salary for the post of Associate Development Coordination Officer (on Average AED 51000.00 Per Year). You can see the complete information about this recruitment of United Nations Company on the website of United Nations Company. The location of this United Nations Job vacancies is Abu Dhabi. So you can apply for this United Nations Jobs in Abu Dhabi.
United Nations Jobs Description Given at United Nations Careers Portal
|Organization Name||United Nations UAE|
|Name of Required Post||Associate Development Coordination Officer|
|Job Types||Jobs in Abu Dhabi|
|Salary||AED 51000.00 Per Year|
Full Details of United Nations Abu Dhabi Jobs 2022
The position is located in the United Nations Resident Coordination Office (RCO) in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates and reports to the RCO Team Leader.
UN Resident Coordinator (RC): The UN Resident Coordinator is the head of the United Nations in the country, the highest ranking senior official.
United Nations Country Team (UNCT): The UNCT is the UN’s coordination body at country-level. The UNCT is comprised of the Heads of UN agencies.
UN Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework (UNSDCF): the UN Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework is the UN’s strategic document, an agreement between the UN and the host government—determines and reflects the UN development system’s contributions in the country and shapes the configuration of UN assets required inside and outside the country.
2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the SDGs: Adopted by all UN’s member states, the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) represent a common roadmap for well-being of people. Read more here: https://www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment/development-agenda
Within delegated authority, the Associate Development Coordination Officer, Data Management and Results Monitoring/Reporting will be responsible of the following duties:
Summary of Functions:
1.Provides substantive support for the development and implementation of UN Country Team (UNCT) data and research strategies
2.Assists in the development and expansion of strategic research and data partnerships
3.Undertakes monitoring and reporting of UNCT results
4.Supports knowledge management and capacity development
Description of Functions:
1.Provides substantive support for the development and implementation of the UNCT data and research strategies
- Assists in the design and implementation of the UNCT’s data and research strategy, in alignment with or to support preparation of the Country Common Analysis (CCA) and UN Sustainable Development Cooperation (UNSDCF);
- Establishes and manages a data monitoring and reporting system based at the RCO to support information capture and dissemination among UN entities. These can include data tabulation and visualization, dashboards, and other data administration and analytical tools.
- Undertakes empirical analysis, data mining and visualization, as assigned, to assist the Resident Coordinator (RC) and UNCT, including results groups, in developing reports and working papers on sustainable development topics;
- Provides substantive and analytical support to RC/UNCT in preparing and positioning the UN to accelerate the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in the country, including the drafting of reports, as well as analytical and position papers;
- Contributes to UNCT research and development of data and research tools and methodologies at the country level;
2.Undertakes monitoring and reporting of RCO and UNCT annual results and the UN Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework (UNSDCF)
- Undertakes a thorough analysis of monitoring and reporting needs for the UNCT and leads on developing a data-based monitoring and reporting plan in support of the broader UN system needs.
- Supports inter-agency efforts on results and progress monitoring and reporting on the UNSDCF and Joint Programmes;
- Assists in preparing the UNSDCF monitoring and evaluation (M&E) framework and reporting results at country, regional and global levels.
- Tracks and manages RCO and UNCT reporting requirements;
- Serves as country focal point for country-level, regional and global M&E initiatives and networks.
3.Assists in the development and expansion of strategic research and data partnerships, including with UN entities at regional and HQ level, government counterparts, research institutes, leading global thinkers on development, and civil society, among others.
- Supports the UN’s work with national data and statistical systems, facilitating engagement with national entities and data systems;
- Communicates and coordinates with existing partners and helps form new partnerships with UN agencies, academia, the private sector, and governmental agencies as it relates to and furthers the use of data science for development;
- Communicates and coordinates with internal and external partners on data collection and project/research implementation;
4.Supports knowledge management and capacity development related to data and monitoring
- Advocates for knowledge sharing, inspiring others within the RCO and UNCT to contribute their expertise through internal and external platforms and tools, working closely with colleagues at the regional level to ensure usable knowledge is shared between and applied by UNCTs.
- Assists in the identification of good practices and lessons learned at the different levels of the UN System (national, regional and global) and share findings with HQ, Regional and country colleagues so that best practices benefit UN’s work;
- Advise on best practices in data management to capture emerging issues and key trends of relevance to the SDGs UN programming in/for the UAE.
- Contributes to the UNCT’s exchange of best practice, trends, knowledge and lessons learned with external partners.
- Provides substantive support for assigned thematic activities and knowledge-sharing forums and encourages others to participate.
- Contributes to knowledge sharing (including through training and peer exchange) amongst UN staff on issues related to UN strategic planning frameworks, methodologies and tools;
- Draws upon other UN experiences, lessons learned and knowledge networking to provide contributions to strategic planning processes.
- Ability to apply sustainable development theories, concepts and approaches.
- Ability to conduct independent research and analysis on sustainable development topics, determine suitability, validity and accuracy of data provided by different sources.
- Shows skill in developing sources for data collection.
- Shows pride in work and in achievements.
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
- Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges.
- Remains calm in stressful situations.
- Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively.
- Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately.
- Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
- Tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience.
- Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Keeps abreast of available technology.
- Understands applicability and limitation of technology to the work of the office.
- Actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks.
- Shows willingness to learn new technology.
Education Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) in business or public administration, information management, statistics, sustainable development, social sciences, education or related area. A first-level university degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Work Experience A minimum of two years of progressively responsible experience in providing strategic support to research and data analysis, knowledge management or project/programme management in the context of development cooperation or related area is required.
A minimum of one year of experience designing data tabulation and visualization, dashboards, or other data administration and analytical tools is desirable.
A minimum of one year of experience in undertaking data-based monitoring and reporting is desirable.
Demonstrated experience working with national data and statistical systems and entities is desirable.
Demonstrated expertise in data systems design and management in the UN context is desirable.
Languages English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
For this position, fluency in English is required. Fluency in Arabic is desirable.
Note: “Fluency” equals a rating of ‘fluent’ in all four areas (speak, read, write, and understand) and Knowledge of” equals a rating of ‘confident’ in two of the four areas.
Assessment Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by a competency-based interview.
•National Professional Officers are nationals of the country in which they are serving, and their functions must have a national context, i.e. functions that require national experience or knowledge of the national language, culture, institutions, and systems.
- This is a National Professional Officer (NPO/NO) position located in the United Arab Emirates. Only candidates with United Arab Emirates nationality are eligible to apply to this position.
- The United Nations Secretariat is committed to achieving 50/50 gender balance in its staff. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
- At the United Nations, the paramount consideration in the recruitment and employment of staff is the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence and integrity, with due regard to geographic diversity. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications and organizational needs. The United Nations is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. The United Nations recruits and employs staff regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religious, cultural and ethnic backgrounds or disabilities. Reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities may be provided to support participation in the recruitment process when requested and indicated in the application.
United Nations Considerations According to article 101, paragraph 3, of the Charter of the United Nations, the paramount consideration in the employment of the staff is the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity. Candidates will not be considered for employment with the United Nations if they have committed violations of international human rights law, violations of international humanitarian law, sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have been involved in the commission of any of these acts. The term “sexual exploitation” means any actual or attempted abuse of a position of vulnerability, differential power, or trust, for sexual purposes, including, but not limited to, profiting monetarily, socially or politically from the sexual exploitation of another. The term “sexual abuse” means the actual or threatened physical intrusion of a sexual nature, whether by force or under unequal or coercive conditions. The term “sexual harassment” means any unwelcome conduct of a sexual nature that might reasonably be expected or be perceived to cause offence or humiliation, when such conduct interferes with work, is made a condition of employment or creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive work environment, and when the gravity of the conduct warrants the termination of the perpetrator’s working relationship. Candidates who have committed crimes other than minor traffic offences may not be considered for employment.
Due regard will be paid to the importance of recruiting the staff on as wide a geographical basis as possible. The United Nations places no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs. The United Nations Secretariat is a non-smoking environment.
The paramount consideration in the appointment, transfer, or promotion of staff shall be the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity. By accepting an offer of appointment, United Nations staff members are subject to the authority of the Secretary-General and assignment by him or her to any activities or offices of the United Nations in accordance with staff regulation 1.2 (c). In this context, all internationally recruited staff members shall be required to move periodically to discharge new functions within or across duty stations under conditions established by the Secretary-General.
Applicants are urged to follow carefully all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, inspira. For more detailed guidance, applicants may refer to the Manual for the Applicant, which can be accessed by clicking on “Manuals” hyper-link on the upper right side of the inspira account-holder homepage.
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable internal legislations of the United Nations including the Charter of the United Nations, resolutions of the General Assembly, the Staff Regulations and Rules, administrative issuances and guidelines. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications according to the instructions provided in inspira to be considered for the current job opening. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided in the application.
Job openings advertised on the Careers Portal will be removed at 11:59 p.m. (New York time) on the deadline date.
No Fee THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
How to Submit Application at United Nations Careers Website
Candidates wishing to Jobs in Abu Dhabi United Nations can fill their application form in the following steps. You can fill your form by following the information given below.
- First of all, you have to visit the official website of United Nations. After this, you will see the option of United Nations Careers in the right sidebar of the official website, click on it.
- In front of you, the links of all the United Nations Abu Dhabi Jobs.
- Now you have to click on the link of in United Nations -Profile– Jobs.
- As soon as you click on this link, all the details of filling in the application form will be opened in front of you.
- Now you have to fill all the details carefully.
- After filling all the details, you have to click on the application button given below.
- Your United Nations Abu Dhabi Job Vacancy application form has been completed.
- You can keep a copy of it in your future.
Disclaimer:→ All applicants are requested to apply only after carefully reading the essential qualifications of United Nations Jobs before applying. Qatargovernmentjobs.com will not responsible for any mistake or error.