International Organization for Migration Careers – International Organization for Migration Jobs in Doha, Qatar. Check International Organization for Migration Job Vacancies in Doha. Latest Qatar Jobs 2021. Current International Organization for Migration Doha Job Opening.
There is a great opportunity for young people looking for International Organization for Migration Jobs in Doha. International Organization for Migration company is going to do a new recruitment at International Organization for Migration Careers Website. All the candidates who want to do Jobs in Doha International Organization for Migration can avail this opportunity. Information about the qualifications required to be admitted to this International Organization for Migration Company is given below. All applicants are requested to apply only after carefully reading the essential qualifications of International Organization for Migration Jobs before applying.
International Organization for Migration Jobs in Doha | Apply Online on Official International Organization for Migration Careers Page
International Organization for Migration Qatar Jobs 2021:- International Organization for Migration company has recently sought applications for the post of Migration Management Officer. Candidates who have metric pass certificate and passport can apply for this post. International Organization for Migration company is giving very good salary for the post of Migration Management Officer (on Average QAR 3593.00 Per Month Expected.). You can see the complete information about this recruitment of International Organization for Migration Company on the website of International Organization for Migration Company. The location of this International Organization for Migration Job vacancies is Doha. So you can apply for this International Organization for Migration Jobs in Doha.
International Organization for Migration Jobs Description Given at International Organization for Migration Careers Portal
|Organization Name||International Organization for Migration Qatar|
|Name of Required Post||Migration Management Officer|
|Job Location||Jobs in Doha|
|Salary||QAR 3593.00 Per Month Expected.|
|Job Type||Qatar Jobs|
Full Details of International Organization for Migration Doha Jobs 2021
Position Title : Migration Management Officer
Duty Station : Doha, Qatar
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 15 December 2021
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading
UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and
non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the
benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Read more about diversity and
inclusion at IOM at www.iom.int/diversity.
Applications are welcome from first- and second-tier candidates, particularly qualified female
candidates as well as applications from the non-represented member countries of IOM. For all
IOM vacancies, applications from qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered
before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process.
For the purpose of this vacancy, the following are considered first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Candidates from the following non-represented member states:
Antigua and Barbuda; Aruba (Netherlands); Botswana; Cabo Verde; Comoros;
Congo (the); Cook Islands; Cuba; Fiji; Gabon; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana;
Holy See; Iceland; Kingdom of Eswatini; Kiribati; Lao People’s
Democratic Republic (the); Latvia; Libya; Luxembourg; Marshall Islands;
Micronesia (Federated States of); Montenegro; Namibia; Nauru; Palau;
Saint Kitts and Nevis; Saint Lucia; Saint Vincent and the Grenadines;
Samoa; Sao Tome and Principe; Seychelles; Solomon Islands; Suriname; The
Bahamas; Timor-Leste; Tonga; Tuvalu; Vanuatu
Second tier candidates include:
All external candidates, except candidates from non-represented member states.
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM), in close coordination with the
Labour Mobility and Human Development (LMHD), the Migrant Protection and Assistance
(MPA), Thematic Specialists in the Regional Office (RO) Cairo and at Headquarters (HQs) and
the Regional Liaison and Policy Unit in the Regional Office Cairo (RO Cairo), the successful
candidate will be accountable and responsible for managing, coordinating and overseeing the
work of the migration management unit in IOM Qatar and for providing substantive support to
the Chief of Mission for the provision of technical and programmatic support and representation
functions with the government of Qatar, the UN and non-governmental organizations, donors as
well as other partners.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Establish and maintain positive working relationships with the Government of Qatar, including
relevant ministries, donors, and other partners, such as fellow UN agencies, academia, and
2. Provide advice and guidance to the government of Qatar on “mainstream” migration sectors,
including labour and facilitated migration, migration and development, counter-trafficking,
assisted voluntary return, migration health, assistance for vulnerable migrants, immigration and
border management and overall capacity-building in migration management.
3. Provide programmatic, technical and operational support to the Government of Qatar and
other stakeholders on migration related issues, including the implementation of their global
migration related commitments including Global Compact for Migration (GCM) and their
participation in the upcoming International Migration Review Forum (IMRF), and the Sustainable
4. Substantively support the work of the UN Migration Network/ UN Migration Working Group at
country level and ensure the active engagement and participation of other UN agencies and
5. Identify and assess migration issues and priorities in the Country and Gulf region, share
advice and information, prepare materials and provide substantial guidance to colleagues in
Country Office and region.
6. Liaise with other IOM missions in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) region and support the
implementation of the IOM GCC strategy 2021-2024.
7. Identify potential donors and liaise with donor representatives to discuss and negotiate the
funding of IOM programming in the country and the GCC.
8. Assess opportunities and take action to implement migration management related activities in
9. Manage the work of staff in the migration management unit and ensure the timely delivery of
10. Identify and engage with national, regional and global stakeholders, in coordination with
11. Develop and deliver presentations and training sessions at conferences, workshops and
meetings and provide programmatic and technical advice and information on migration
management related areas to government officials, non-governmental actors including Civil
Society Organizations (CSO) and private sector.
12. Establish strong partnerships and maintain strong relationships with implementing partners,
the donor community, government, local authorities, United Nations (UN) agencies and other
stakeholders such as private sector and CSO with the aim to ensure and coordinate dialogue,
resolve issues, and manage knowledge and information sharing and cooperation among
government and non-government actors.
13. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in International Development, Public Health, Peace and Conflict Resolution,
Social and/or Political Science or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five
years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience in liaising with governmental authorities, other national/international institutions,
Non-Governmental Organisation (NGOs), donors, UN agencies, and other developmental
partners and civil society actors;
• Relevant experience in the Gulf will be a distinct advantage; and,
• Experience in project management and implementation and monitoring programme activities.
• Demonstrated expertise in the thematic area relevant to project development;
• Proven expertise in migration policy development and collaboration with other international
organizations and network/partnership building;
• Familiarity of GCC issues and/or experience working in the GCC an advantage; and,
• Knowledge of Monitoring and Evaluation.
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
External applicants for all positions in the Professional category are required to be proficient in
English and have at least a working knowledge of one additional UN Language (French,
Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese).
For all applicants, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of Arabic,
French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process,
which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural
differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner
consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed
manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve
shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely
manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes
responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains
complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding
This selection process may be used to staff similar positions in various duty stations.
Recommended candidates endorsed by the Appointments and Postings Board will remain
eligible to be appointed in a similar position for a period of 24 months.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in
the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are
nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment,
accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. Subject to certain
exemptions, vaccination against COVID-19 will in principle be required for individuals hired on or
after 15 November 2021. This will be verified as part of the medical clearance process.
Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland on the respective closing date. No
late applications will be accepted.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment
system, by 15 December 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment
system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
Posting period: From 02.12.2021 to 15.12.2021
No Fees: IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview,
processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank .
How to Submit Application at International Organization for Migration Careers Website
Candidates wishing to Jobs in Doha International Organization for Migration can fill their application form in the following steps. You can fill your form by following the information given below.
- First of all, you have to visit the official website of International Organization for Migration. After this, you will see the option of International Organization for Migration Careers in the right sidebar of the official website, click on it.
- In front of you, the links of all the International Organization for Migration Doha Jobs.
- Now you have to click on the link of in International Organization for Migration -Profile– Jobs.
- As soon as you click on this link, all the details of filling in the application form will be opened in front of you.
- Now you have to fill all the details carefully.
- After filling all the details, you have to click on the application button given below.
- Your International Organization for Migration Doha Job Vacancy application form has been completed.
- You can keep a copy of it in your future.
Disclaimer:→ All applicants are requested to apply only after carefully reading the essential qualifications of International Organization for Migration Jobs before applying. Qatargovernmentjobs.com will not responsible for any mistake or error.